This is a little blog of my sketches, drawings, dresses and other items I've designed and constructed, videos I've made, photographs I've taken and manipulated, various projects I've worked on, as well as other separate things that I really like!

Friday, September 16, 2011

What I Wore Today


These are cowboy boots not uggs!! I'm also wearing this jean purse my mom got me over summer. I think it's really cool because it looks kind of plain and ugly and uncool.  Thats what people don't get, only uncool stuff can be cool before everyone thinks it's cool! Once things are out of style then they can finally come back into style. This is how I feel about pink right now (the color, not the cool singer). I think pink for the most part gets a really bad rap.  People are very careful with their pink these days. No one in college really wears it or no one who wants to be taken seriously I guess. And people feel like they have to use pink in small doses, I think out of fear of being too girly, but really if pink is this uncool, thats when it's cool!! So right now I'm pretty much crazy for pink and all really really girly things. I too used to fear being too girly. I was into really muted tones like navy and blue and dark green. But it's been too long guys! We don't have to be so afraid of pink anymore or being too girly.  I think girly is really underrated right now and has been. People in general don't want to be too feminine. However I have come to the realization that that is completely crazy - because that's where we get out power.  I don't mean to shout over the mountains about girls' sexual power but it is a power nonetheless that we can tap into if we'd like.  That's just the thing though -we can if we'd like. Women have far more freedom than men in that we can really be whoever we want to be when it comes to our appearance, which is really a jumping point to whoever we want to be as people. Women have the freedom to be as girly or masculine ( i guess to an extent) as they like! I just mean we have so many options out there given all the icons, products, clothing, accessories, etc that are available to us.  We really can be whoever we want to be! (we just have to dress the part)

No comments:

Post a Comment